Progress so far.
I’m building the mandala back up again.
This free pattern is by Helen Shrimpton (I have made a few alterations.)
check out her website for this and so many other amazing patterns.
Below is what the mandala looked like when I decided to unpick the edge. I didn’t feel happy with the solid row of folded trebles followed by the semi-circles of dark turquoise, it seemed too heavy an edge. If I was going to use it as a tablecloth as originally intended, this edge would have been fine as not all of it would have been seen at once.
But now I’m thinking I would like to attach it to the painted canvas and hang it on the wall, so a softer edge will please me more. Crochet as art is something I’m getting a teeny bit excited about.
I unpicked about a week’s work – thank you to everyone who helped me make the decision. Once the decision was made it felt good to quickly undo it.
Experiment time: The Lime Juice (pale yellowy-green) still seemed too solid a line
so I broke it up with some of the pale turquoise.
I’m much happier with it now and will add a row of white next and then there will be more decisions to be made about the final few rows.
The end is is sight!
Made with Scheepjes Bonbon cotton thread and a 2mm hook.