A bedspread in the making for one of my twin Granddaughters.
I am mostly following Helen Shrimpton’s wonderful Rosslyn Pattern. This is a paid for pattern and worth every penny!
It is a wonderful pattern to follow and very relaxing to make. Well it would be if only I could stop myself making a few additions, changes and adjustments as I go – the creative mind is never at rest!
The 5 Changes I have made:
- Surface sunrays were added over 2 rows
- The popcorns are closer together than in the pattern – this happened by accident, but I decided to leave them in
- There are some breaks in the row of popcorns, with some plain stitches
- There is a colour change in this row
- 8 colours have been used instead of 5
I was wondering if I was making the pattern look too ‘busy’, but I think I will stick with my changes. What do you think?
The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK, the hook 4.5mm.
The 8 colours:
Soft Peach, Buttermilk, Duck Egg, Pale Rose, Cream, Raspberry, Lincoln, Storm.
At this stage it measures 28 x 28 inches or 72 x 72 cm.
Have you made any of Helen Shrimpton’s patterns? If so please leave a link, I’d love to see them.
And if you enjoy a good old natter, pop along over to Cathy’s place for Knit and Natter Friday.