My son and daughter-in-law have a cute sofa, but the seams had come apart on the seat
It was going to cost a small fortune to have it recovered and they couldn’t find anyone to repair it ……… Granny to the rescue!
I already had some bias binding, so I bound the frayed edges.
And brought them together with stitching
The bigger split could not be pulled together, so I sewed in a layer of fabric underneath the hole.
I went over the L-shaped repair with another layer of binding to reinforce, and then sewed on patches of new material with hem stitch done with a curved needle.
I gave each patch an iron to finish off. Not the most professional job, but it was very satisfying to know I have given the sofa a new lease of life.
And I have saved the left over bits of spotty fabric should any more holes appear.
The best bit was when Little Bro (7) thanked me so much for mending their sofa.