I am still completely captivated by the irises in my garden
The scent is so delicious! I wish I could bottle it up and send it to you.
Just imagine putting your nose to this gorgeous thing and getting slightly heady from the pear drop-like scent
Cutting them seems almost a crime, but having the scent indoors to walk past is a real treat
They are with Weigela and Nigella and some of the bottles from last week
I’m besotted by their shape and sculptural form
and can’t stop clicking
My favourite so far ~~~ Title: Mother and Child.
Joining Cathy’s In a Vase on Monday meme
Cee’s Flower of the Day
Mmmmmmm ….. those irises – the colour, the shape, the markings, the scent – I greet them each morning with my first cuppa,
and couldn’t resist bringing one inside …
to go with a collection of other plant shapes
From left to right
- A local farm shop has started selling milk in returnable glass bottles Hurray! In this one are rooted cuttings of my spectacular epiphyllum
- A miniature bottle of wine, so cute I couldn’t throw it away, with Mare’s Tail that is rampant in my front garden – I love it’s shape and design and the way it captures the dew in the morning, I respect that it has been on this planet much longer than humans – if only it did not want to take over the world.
- A chirpy marigold in a teeny Victorian bottle with NOT TO BE TAKEN moulded into the glass – but I will be eating the petals of the flower sprinkled on a salad later.
- Another miniature wine bottle, bought for the bottle’s shape this time. With chives.
- Miniature wine bottle which came as a ‘favour’ at my son’s wedding, with one of my beloved irises in it.
- A bottle which held an organic fruit drink now holds a sprouting acorn, which I pulled up from my lawn. Squirrels bury them in autumn, and I have never seen one being retrieved. A mini forest grows at this time of the year.
Do you have anything to pop in a vase (or a bottle) this Monday? If you do, how about joining in with Cathy and her pals over at Rambling in the Garden.
Also joining Cee who has a glorious photo of a beautifully flouncy Bearded Iris for her Flower of the Day
Have you seen any of these little white spiders in your garden? I’ve seen a few recently having never seen them before. So cute!
I had to look it up and believe it is a Crab Spider.
They do not make webs but lie in wait for their prey. Some can turn yellow or light green if necessary to merge with their surroundings.
Posted in garden, Vase on Monday
Tagged bearded iris, crab spider, flower arrangements, flowers, garden, In a Vase on Monday, iris, marigold, spider, white spider