pets no more
children fill my days
The photograph is of my son holding his newborn twin daughters.
This week’s Photo Challenge prompt: CREATION
There are many wonders in all creation but the mystery, magic and miracle of birth sums it up for me.
Also entering Ronovan’s Weekly Haiku challenge. His prompt words are PET and PLAY.
For most of my life I have had dogs and cats as pets but the last one died just before moving house in 2005, life got busy, grandchildren came along. I sometimes miss the company of animals, but enjoy the freedom without them nowadays.
I have nicknamed this combo of the two challenges a Phaiku – have a go!
Please leave a link to your ‘Creation’ Photo or Phaiku in the comments.
Next weeks prompt is WRAP
Also joining in with Cee’s Black and White Challenge: Made by Human Beings – couldn’t resist!
Now drum roll please!
Here is our new Photo Challenge List for 2017. It has been an absolute joy to compile the 2017 list with Cathy for your inspiration and delight.
Thanks go to Cathy, Rainbow Jane and Melissa for the 2016 list – it has been a great year – just 3 more weeks to go! I don’t think Cathy, Jane or I have missed a week – quite an achievement and so wonderful to have been doing this together. Melissa had so many other priorities to attend to but joined us when she could. It was Melissa who introduced me to the idea of the ‘Phaiku’.
Thanks also go to YOU for all your wonderful entries – it is always a delight to see the variety of the interpretations for each word. Long may it continue!
We’d LOVE you to join us in 2017.
A huge thank you to RainbowJ for the graphics.
Feel free to copy this list to keep to hand – I pop mine in my camera case.
A few changes to note for 2017:
- The day for the start of the Challenge will be each Tuesday.
- Please leave a link in the comments on this blog, Wild Daffodil, so that the entries are all together and we can visit each entry easily.
- This list for 2017 has been compiled by Cathy and Sandra.
- The name of the challenge has changed to ‘One-a-Week’.
- If you feel inspired to create a haiku to go with the photo you can find prompt words on Ronovan Writes each Monday.
- You don’t have to post every week, just join in when you like.
- Choose current, recent or archive photos and posts to link to.
- Have fun!
and as Cathy always says HAPPY SNAPPING! 😉